School Council consists of a group of pupils who are elected by their peers to represent their views on whole school issues and put forward ideas from their classes. The school council meets monthly - usually with a link teacher present (Mrs Eynon).They also share ideas and decisions from School Council with their classes, lead assemblies and meet with staff, parents, governors and other interested parties. Decisions made within School Council can, and do, have a real impact on the rest of the school.
Everyone has a job on School Council because we think it’s important that the children run it and are fully involved in it. Here are some of the roles and responsibilities:
- Chairperson: Chairs the meeting.
- Vice Chairperson: Alternates chairing the meeting with the chair.
- Secretary: Writes Minutes in the meeting, photocopies and hands out information such as agendas and minutes to all School Council children.
- Venue Managers x 2: Setting up the meeting room prior to each meeting.
- Alerting Team x 2: Ringing the bell prior to meetings and calling children in from the playground.
- Publicity Officers: Responsible for preparing posters, preparing information for the newsletter and website.
All School Councillors bring notebooks to each meeting and each class has a School Council file to enable children to access minutes from meetings and agendas.
The School Councillors this year are:
Year 6: Faith (Chair), William H
Year 5: Mackenzie, Ed
Year 4: Jethro, Rowan
Year 3: Jonathan, Zack
KS1: Dylan, Maddy