Thank you for showing an interest in our preschool, I hope you find the following information on how our preschool operates useful.
Our setting aims to:
- provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age;
- work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
Our setting is open 5 days a week, Monday- Friday between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm. We provide care and education fro children between the ages of 18 months to rising five year olds. Pre-school hold a stay and play session on a Friday between 9am – 11am where parents are invited to join.
Parents are regarded as members of our setting who have full participatory rights. These include a right to be:
- valued and respected;
- kept informed;
- involved; and
- included at all levels.
As a committee run charity pre school we also depend on the good will of parents and their involvement to keep going.
Children's development and learning
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers;
- has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.