Green Garway Group
The Green Garway Group consists of a group of pupils who are elected by their peers to represent their views on whole school issues and put forward ideas from their classes. The Green Garway Group meets monthly - usually with a link teacher present (Miss Jones).They also share ideas and decisions from Green Garway Group with their classes, lead assemblies and meet with staff, parents, governors and other interested parties. Decisions made within Green Garway Group can, and do, have a real impact on the rest of the school.
Everyone has a job on Green Garway Group because we think it’s important that the children run it and are fully involved in it. Here are some of the roles and responsibilities:
- Chairperson: Chairs the meeting.
- Secretary: Writes Minutes in the meeting, photocopies and hands out information such as agendas and minutes to all School Council children.
- Venue Managers x 2: Setting up the meeting room prior to each meeting.
- Alerting Team x 2: Ringing the bell prior to meetings and calling children in from the playground.
- Publicity Officers: Responsible for preparing posters, preparing information for the newsletter and website.
All School Councillors bring notebooks to each meeting and each class has a Green Garway file to enable children to access minutes from meetings and agendas.
The Green Garway Group this year are:
Year 5 and 6: Olive, Rachel, Ben, Eve, Tomos, Marley and Benjamin
Year 4: Gloria F
Year 3: Nicole
Year 1 and 2: Monty and Eva
Year R: Willow and Fergus