The Early Years
The Early Years Foundation Stage
The provision for children's development and learning is guided by the Early Years Foundation Stage (DfE 2021). Our provision reflects the four overarching principles of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
A Unique Child
- Every child is a unique child who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners, parents and carers.
Learning and Development
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Three areas are particularly important for building a foundation for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, forming relationships and thriving.
These are the prime areas:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
We support children in four specific areas, through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied.
The specific areas are:
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design
For more details of the EYFS curriculum and learning visit https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/974907/EYFS_framework_-_March_2021.pdf